So, we decided that the kids are ready to try snowboarding. In the last couple of years we bought 3 different size boards for Brody to grow into. NOW is the time. We got some lessons for the kids with a friend of ours and they took to the hill quite naturally. Here is Payton all bundled up to go. She insisted that she wanted to snowboard too. How dare her brother do something without her. She is so stinkin cute all bundled up.
Brody was hammin' it up. He was so proud of himself that he didn't fall at all. After a few runs on the kiddie side he kept insisting that he wanted to go faster. So, what does a mother do? You give the kid what he wants. And so.....HE ROCKED. Watch the video at the bottom. I LOVE IT.
Payton did so well. She wasn't as excited as Brody was once she got all strapped in. But she did take a few runs WITHOUT FALLING ONCE!!! Everyone kept commenting how cute she was and couldn't believe a kid that little could be snowboarding. Apparently you usually don't start kids on boards, you start them on skis. But, anyone that knows our family knows that we BOARD NOT SKI. So these kids don't get options.
She got pretty cold so she just wanted to stand and watch her brother race down the hill. She says she wants to board again "just not today Mom". I can handle that.
Of course the day wouldn't be complete without the bus ride down the hill and a cute girl by your side. This girl is the one that took the kids pictures for their season passes and Brody decided that he liked her. He turned to Curtis and said "Dad, I don't want to sit by you. I'm sitting with her." So, he did. The whole ride down he was flirting with her and looking in her purse and telling her how good he is at snowboarding. OH MY. What a little ladies man. He even got a hug when we got off. We are in so much trouble.
Look how fast he is going. SO PROUD!!!!
He LOVES BOARDING, can you tell?
We have gone a couple of times since these pics and the kids cry if we go boarding without them. This last weekend we did take them again. Brody went up the lift and did a whole run with me and my mom. We were teaching him how to turn. He was doing so good that at one point we passed a beginner snowboarding class. He did head for the rails and laughed as his mother was screaming " STOP, STOP, STOP, SIT ON YOUR BUTT, TURN TO MOM, STOP, STOP!!!!" As he sits down he lets out a huge sigh.
B: Mom, but I can do it.
Me: Brody, we can't do that yet.
B: But Mom, I want to jump, I can do it.
Me: (Still having a heart attack) We need to wait till you know how to turn really good, is that a deal?
B: I guess, but Mom I can jump off that next time, ok?
Me: (Lauging) We will see.
B:(Grunts)
Oh, the fearlessnous of little boys. He did have a pretty good crash involving a cart wheel and to back flips, or front flips, depending on the angle you were watching. He cried for a minute then was ready to haul butt down the hill again. I love that my kids are so determined and willing to try just about anything. I can't wait till next year when it will be me trying to keep up with them on the hill.

6 comments:
That is so fun! It is good to have a fun family sport. They do look cute all bundled up. They are so brave!
Hey Curtis and Nicole!! I have recently started blogging and came to yours. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten!!! Andon is learning to snowboard as well... It is so fun!! Check out our blog at robertschaos.blogspot.com my most recent post was about snowboarding as well..great minds think alike!!! I am glad your family is doing so well!
Love -Jared and Michelle
PS. I am new at this blogging think and somehow deleted the comment I just left so now you might have two!! Bear with me as I learn what I am doing! haha
Wow!!! Way to go Brody and Payton! How cute they look so good all dressed up! How fun! And Brody was bookin' it in the video he picked up on that so fast! How fun! And good Job Nic to keep your cool, I would have been freaking!
Oh my how fun!!! Your kids are so lucky you guys take them places like that. I can totally see them as full fledged snowboarders. They are so cute in all their gear.
P.S. We are overdue for game night give us a call.
Your kids rock! I'm glad Vance will have some snowboarding buddies when he's ready to take the hill.
Post a Comment