Monday, March 23, 2009

SPRING!!!!

SUCK, my camera is still broken!!!

Anyhoo. We took the kids snowboarding yesterday and oh what a beautiful day. Mom set up the grill in the parking lot and we had a fabulous end of the season BBQ. Ribs, hamburger, sausages, 7-layer dip, brownies and plenty of other stuff to slather on my hip and thighs but oh so good.

So proud of my kids...went up the lift and boarded the whole way down. A mother's patience is truly tried when teaching your kids something new. Brody was first and demanded that he was going to jump the rails. If I tried to steer him another way he would just sit down and become limp till we headed back towards the jumps. GGRRRRR. Thank you Rob for catching up at just the right moment. Uncle Rob swoops in and saves the day. Brody was willing to do anything Uncle Rob did since Uncle Rob can snowboard "so good".
Payton then insisted that she wanted to go up the lift. By now I was very hesitant but figured I could always carry her down if needed. She was EXCELLENT. She raced down the hill faster than I thought she would be able to handle but did it with a big grin on her face and some squeals along the way. I am so proud of her.

What a beautiful day, we got some much needed sun, relaxation and family time. We went to Mom's house and watched a movie (although everyone but Curtis and I fell asleep). Just as we were getting ready to go one of Mom's dogs bit Payton on the arm. Payton is such a trooper, she cried a little and then just kept saying that Kosmo made a "bad choice" and that he needed a time out. Took her to the Instacare and it is infected but she insists on not crying. The only thing that made her cry was the anticipation of what the Dr was going to do. She is so brave. It's amazing how resilient kids are and how simple they think of things.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

I am so impressed with your kids! They are so great to go snowboarding- and such dare devils! Good luck when they get older! Sounds like a fun time!