Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day





This is my Mother's Day craft and yes I did make one for myself. The big ones are toilet paper rolls and the ones that look like lilies are the kids handprints made to look like the flower. It was a fun project even though we were up till 1am. I personally don't like getting flowers 'cause they just die, and you will die if you give me roses. So, these were great....won't wilt, weater, or die from lack of starvation.





We spent the morning looking for this little pup that Payton loves to kiss, Day Z. Long story short. She was missing for 2 weeks. Mom wasn't exactly sure where she jumped out of the car...somewhere between her house and mine. Needless to say Mom has blisters on her feet from searching and we had scoured our neighborhood. Curtis and I hiked into the mountains and about an 1 1/2 hours later Curtis found her. Mom's best Mother's Day ever.




We had a BBQ at our house that afternoon and Jak entertained the kids with his skateboard. Brody insisted that he was faster than Jak (yeah right, no one can beat "Loleta Lightning") and wanted to race him up the street. I love how Jak is always willing to entertain to our kids silly demands.





So naturally Payton had to race Uncle Jak also. She was so funny telling Jak to get behind her 'cause they were racing. Jak just laughs at her and says "Ok Princess Payton, whatever you want". If only men could have that attitude with their wives this world would be alot more peaceful. I have a feeling the World is in for one big shock with this little diva.





Payton loves to skateboard and decided that Jak no longer needed a board because this was hers. "I like to skateboard, this is mine Jak, Thank you". Well at least she got the Thank You in there and wasn't downright rude. HA. Wow what a little ball of fire this one is and she doesn't even have red hair. Now that's scary.

Jak and his wonderful ideas in showing the kids how he has fun. Barreling towards the street trying to do some kick, flip the board, jump thingy and I got lucky catching the crash shot. He cracks me up.

Brody like skateboarding too, but found better entertainment trying to hit whoever was pitching to him. Not sure where he got that sense of humor from. The kid has great follow through and it was so funny watching him laugh hysterically when the ball would hit someone or make them run for it. I'm sure we have a little jock on our hands. First it was Golf but Jak almost got hit in the "Woo Hoo" so we decided this might be a little safer. Not sure if it was much better but he sure had fun.

Sorry this is so long but my cheeks hurt by the time everyone went home, just thought I would share. This would be my bossy butt Payton. She wanted to play soccer but everyone had to be in the exact spot she wanted them to be in, the correct distance apart, and in the right order. They also could not kick or touch the ball unless she said so. I guess this is Payton Says, soccer style. All Jak and Phil could do was laugh which really pissed her off so she took the ball away and told them they had to play something else if they couldn't listen. Someone please help me.

To end the night with it's own bang of fireworks Jak got a brilliant idea. Use Diesel as his own powered skateboard pull. He started out ok until Diesel saw kids and another dog up the road and proceeded full steam ahead while Jak mildly yelped. (Who am I kidding, he screamed like a little school girl).

I love my kooky family and had a great day. Thank you Mom for bearing some odd children who enjoy watching each other in pain while peeing our pants with laughter. It makes life interesting and wonderful all at the same time. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

1 comments:

Brittney said...

Looks like so much fun, and I love that the kids were trying to race jak! I loved your flowers by the way soo cute! Hey I've been waiting for your email so I can add you to my blog...... hurry!