Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grandma Sippy Cup

Brody started out the morning with finding ways to make mom happy. First he beat me to the bathroom and wouldn't let me have a turn. Then while I was having my turn in the other bathroom Payton starts yelling in her nasally tattle-tale voice "MOOOMMM, Brody is playing with the phone." After yelling at Brody to stop playing with the phone I hear him talking to someone. "My name is Brody, yeah my mom's here, she's in the bathroom" To which I make haste to the kitchen and lo and behold there really is someone on the other end. Thinking he pushed redial and called Grandma or JuJu I grab the phone while growling at Brody and he tells me it's 'Debbie'. Me-- "Sorry the stink pot is bein' a butt again." To my surprise the female on the other end says "Hi Maam, my name is Deborah and I am with the North Ogden Police Department, is everything ok?" WHAT THE H*LL!! He dialed the local Police Dept. and no it wasn't 911, it's like 782-????. I don't even know the number but he managed to figure out the perfect one to call. After reassuring her 5 times that everything was ok, I hung up and Brody says "Mom, that's Debbie. She says she wants to come play...can she play mom?" How can I get mad when he is so dang cute.



Today was Grandmas Birthday. We took her shopping for some clothes and the kids wanted to get her a cake. I didn't have time to bake one so we got this really cute one. It looks like a water melon with big plastic ants on it. She loved it and the kids were so cute singing happy birthday and blowing out her candles for her. I promised I wouldn't put the right amount of candles on so she didn't have to worry about the house burning down. So I put 8 and 1 for 81, duh.




She is 81 today and sure doesn't look or act like it. Sometimes I wonder where her battery compartment is 'cause that women is amazing. She can run circles around me even on my good days. The kids absolutely adore her and nothing could make me happier. They get so excited to see her even though she's around almost every single day. I hope I can be half the person she is when I am her age if I even make it that far. She is the sunshine in our lives and I hope that never fades. She is truly a blessing.

3 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

She's been in my life pretty much forever! She always has the best outlook on life! Love that lady! I cannot believe she is that old. . .not that that's old, right? She is awesome. Love her!

Allyson said...

Grandma definitely has a special spark...she has enough energy to light up the entire town. I'm so glad that your kids have such a wonderful connection to her.

Roylance Rec. Center said...

I LOVE this picture of Grandma Sippi and Little P. So good to see you, since you've disappeared
!~Ali