Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boise 2008


So every year we go to Boise to see my cousins. This year they had lots of plans for us which was nice. No thinking on my part and lots of fun. Uncle Dan took us fishing at the Dam near Idaho City. It was a hot day but the kids had tons of fun catching lots of fish, and I got some much needed sun.







This is how the kids looked shortly after we started to head back to Aunt Cheryl's house. I'm not sure what it is with my kids but they always seem to have the broken neck syndrome. It's usually when they are trying to pose super cute or when they pass out from a fun day. It looks so WEIRD!
We spent the morning at Shane and Stephanie's letting the kids play indoors with the girls but Brody needed a little boy time. So, we headed over to Brooke and Jamie's house where they have their own water park out back. The kids were in heaven cooling off on this super cool slide. Now I just have to talk Curtis into getting one of these so we have somewhere clean to swim. But somehow I don't think it will last long with our horses/dogs. They would love it to pieces, literally.
The real reason we came up was to see baby Robert Daniel be blessed. My cousin Nanette finally had a boy. It's about time. Not even a couple of months old and they are already buying him a lifetime hunting and fishing license. I have a feeling this little one will be spoiled. Payton couldn't stay away. She wanted to play dress up and rock him herself, too bad he is almost as big as she is.
Brody and Payton couldn't get enough of the pool. It was a nightly ritual to cool off. The kids are so proud of themselves that they swim in the deep end all alone. It makes me want to cry, they are growing up way too fast. Brody loved jumping into the deep end without having someone catch him, and of course in Spiderman gear. They decided that it was much more fun jumping over Adam's head...don't worry, there were only a couple of kicks to the head.
Of course Payton had to jump in the deep end too. She couldn't quite jump as high, but Adam's arm was perfect height. She couldn't stand getting her face wet at first, but she wasn't going to let Brody have all the fun.

Thanks Aunt Cheryl for letting us invade your home. Sorry about Adam's Bird (Payton wanted to play with the bird, thought Adam's shoe would be a good home, then decided it wasn't. Needless to say she literally squeezed the poop out of it, pulled its tail feathers out trying to get it out of the shoe and then took a nap with it.) We hope it can survive the trauma of its chance meeting with our little shedevil.





3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Great pics as usual. By the way we have a new blog. Here is the link. Keep in touch.

Angie
http://our4sheep.blogspot.com

Landon and Alaina said...

Way cute! Looks like so much fun! That water slide looks awesome. They brought it over this weekend for the fourth and I think I am more excited than any of the kids.

Brittney said...

So fun! And that slide thing was awesome! Loved it! I loved the pic of your kids sleeping so cute I just had to show Micah! Sounds like so much fun, cousins, swimming, fishing, little babies- how much fun can you have in one weekend! Miss you guys! sorry I haven't called- we no longer have a phone. Micah decided to go swimming with our phone the other day so it doesn't work.